How to split inheritance?

18 posts
meeshter
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to split inheritance?

Postby meeshter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:42 am

Personally this whole topic seems quite weird to me. I hope your aunt ends up with a telegram from The Queen, it sounds like you are all waiting for her to die just because she has lots of money. Please remember this is her money and she has the right to leave it to whoever she pleases. I hope she has lots of fun in the next few years and spends as much as possible enjoying herself with her money. My parents don't have much but I would be totally happy if they spent it all having fun. I have my own job and so does my husband we work to fund our own lifestyle and we are certainly not waiting for someone else to die to fund what we want to do.
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 am

My great aunt was worth millions but always lived modestly throughout her life. She was never able to have children of her own. She had a Turner painting worth £6m alone which she bequeathed to the British Museum.
When she passed away, she left the whole lot to charity in her will. Her view was that it was never our money in the first place. Total respect.
LP73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LP73 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 am

I totally agree with Meeshtar - I hope that she spends the lots or leaves it to charity.
It's her decision what to do with it and no one should contest this.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.