Farting dog - help!

4 posts
SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Farting dog - help!

Postby SW12Pops » Tue May 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi
I could do with a bit of advice - a bit of a sensitive subject.

My lovely neighbour has a new dog and it stinks.

I don’t mean as in a little bit smelly if you get too close but absolute room clearing vile fetid gas that makes you want to gag.

They are dear friends and we pop into each other’s houses a lot and she will often pop in for a coffee on her way back from the shops and now she has this dog we dread her visits.

I’m all for telling her to leave her stinky mutt at the door but my wife is too embarrassed to do this (neighbour is one of their people who talks to dogs in high pitched voices and says things like “ooooh you are a smelly little man aren’t you” which could be cute if it weren’t for the fact the kitchen smells like the dog shat on the table) and now my wife and I are having arguments all down to a dogs gas.

Can you please post suggestions here and I can then show them to my other half so she knows it’s not just me and I’m not unreasonable.

Tks
misstemple
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Farting dog - help!

Postby misstemple » Wed May 02, 2018 3:36 pm

There may be a nice(r) way to approach this:
"oh, he does smell doesn't he? We could never agree to get a dog as we always end up accusing one another of farting after you leave!"
"it's true, some breeds are prone to being a bit gassy. I would try another dog food and see if that helps, and we could all smell our coffee next time!" e.g. Royal Canin Bulldog is reco'd for gassy bulldogs for example, lots of info online.
What do you think :?:
Pentneyprincess
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pentneyprincess » Tue May 08, 2018 8:39 am

This could be related to a number of factors. However, kibble diets are known to produce hideous gases, it's not natural for a dog to eat a cooked diet. It could be that they are on a low quality kibble such as Royal Canin or Purina. Have you tried to suggest a wet food such as Forthglade? If the gas is that bad it could be a more serious matter and might be worth a trip to the vets.
Interiorswithkids
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Interiorswithkids » Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 am

Oh dear. My dog only creates noxious gases when fed too many treats of human food!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.