Catholic schools in Tooting

3 posts
Amsterhamster
Options:
Share this post on:

Catholic schools in Tooting

Postby Amsterhamster » Tue May 15, 2018 2:25 pm

I have a one year old little boy and am just turning my mind towards primary schools. This feels a little early but I'm told now is the time to get started! I'm finding the school admissions information impenetrable and I was hoping someone would be able to help with with some information about St Boniface and St Anselms. We currently live in Earlsfield. If we become regular church goers in either St Anselms church or St Boniface, what is the likelihood that we could get our baby into either school when the time comes bearing in mind we live in another parish?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
tomsmum2008
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Catholic schools in Tooting

Postby tomsmum2008 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi there, I'm sorry no one has replied to this post.  
I have 2 sons at St Boniface so can only speak for them, but i imagine St Anselms will be similar, but more stricter and you'll need to live closer.

Check out the admissions policy:
https://www.stboniface.wandsworth.sch.u ... ns-Policy/

Basically, you'll need to prove attendance at mass for the previous 3 years by signing forms, these are sporadic, so you'll need to attend every week.  Then it's down to distance.
HOWEVER in the academic year 2018/2019 St Boniface, I believe it was undersubscribed....which sounds like a first...not sure why?  Will have to see what its like this year...please note also, due to funding issues they will be doing joint years, ie Years 1 & 2 together, 3 & 4 etc.

Last edited by tomsmum2008 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flambeau
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Catholic schools in Tooting

Postby Flambeau » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Wow, I don’t think I’ve heard of that before. The school will have year 1 and year 2 & year 3 and 4 together in the same classes? does that mean that there will be a reduction in teachers too?

How will they manage such a huge range in abilities and learning?

That is such a big gap, it’s good for the younger years joining the older, so good for year 1 merging with year 2 as they will be stretched to keep up with the year above, that’s not good for the older year as their teaching level with be moderated to be suitable for the younger years.

This seems like a permanent decision as how do you then come back from that academic year merger. is the school vastly undersubscribed do this is the only alternatively. It would be really interesting to hear how this will be managed and the affect on after 4-5 years of this model.

What do the parent body say about this as it’s been something that had been introduced since joining and having children at the school. I am really intrigued to hear more about this.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.