Pregnancy question

4 posts
Abevix
Share this post on:

Pregnancy question

Postby Abevix » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am

my husband and i would like to start a family.* i have SB, he does not.* I quit smoking 3 weeks ago.* I have been told that I should wait for 3 months and continue taking my folic acid before getting preg. otherwise the risk of our baby being born with SB is heightened.* Does anyone have any info regarding this?* 
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Pregnancy question

Postby rubyonrails » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:05 am

So sorry but what is SB?
handyhan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby handyhan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:16 am

We’ve had a similar situation: husband has spina bifida. For the first baby, I took high-dose folic acid and started trying immediately. I don’t think you need to wait 3 months for levels of FA to be right. For the second, I was pregnant before I started the high dose FA. Happily, both healthy boys. Neither of us were current smokers. Also I think that a lot of foods are fortified with FA. I’d just make sure you were taking a high dose and get on with it! Good luck.
AnnaSmitt
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AnnaSmitt » Fri May 17, 2019 10:59 am

The birth of a child is always magic and the only God knows what and how. It is advisable to quit smoking and drinking. The rest is only the recommendations of the doctors, not forgetting that there is always a happy miracle! You must believe in him.
Plus Size

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.