Emmanuel school

18 posts
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Emmanuel school

Postby juliantenniscoach » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:57 am

Our daughter has just finished Hill Form.  We couldn't be happier with the school.  We went to the prizegiving on Saturday where the Head Master reiterated the goal to develop well rounded, confident, good hearted children (rather than academic robots).  Works for us.
Heavens to Betsy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Heavens to Betsy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:34 am

Both my sons went there and have done brilliantly.  Both got into top universities with great A level results.  The younger one and his friends who all did science  subjects I have to say, still go back on Dacre day (they left 3 yrears ago) to see the Teachers.  They loved it and only have happy memories of the school.  Made lasting friendships (bosy and girs) and as far as I could see the girls are very much encouraged to take up the sciences with vigour, but seem less inclined to do so sadly.  This follows onto university where my son says that less than a quarter of the Physics Undergraduates are female where he is (Durham).  

So yes, would totally recommend Emanuel!
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:49 am

Totally agree with you about a well rounded education and not just academics.
My sister (and husband) studied Physics at Imperial and she works for the Institute of Physics alingside teaching and has led projects on encouraging girls to take up Physics at A level and university so quite aware of the issue of lack of girls taking up STEM. I studied arts myself and both myself and sister went to an all girls school. It suited her but not me.
I guess the question is single sex or co ed as well as getting through the 11 plus. I loved Emanuel and can see so many of you parents are very pleased with it. Thanks for your great feedback.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.