Wimbledon Park primary school admissions

4 posts
Lkel123
Options:
Share this post on:

Wimbledon Park primary school admissions

Postby Lkel123 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Wimbledon Park primary school is our closest school however we are just outside the APA. I wanted to see if there’s anyone out there who has been admitted who is just outside the APA? We are in a bit of a no-man land for schools so are worried we won’t get in to any of the local schools! We are in Wandsworth too, if that makes a difference.
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wimbledon Park primary school admissions

Postby lemonzest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any particular wisdom on Wimbledon Park primary school, but I would encourage you to call the Council to discuss where people in your road have got places in the previous years. In my experience the schools team are very willing to help and will have the most up to date information. I realise that we are talking about two boroughs and that complicates matters.

I would also encourage you to fill all 6 places on your form. There are obviously many benefits from your child attending the closest school, but I do know of occasions when people have refused to list more than one or two choices and then perhaps understandably have been given a place absolutely miles away. I don't know exactly where you are, and I don't underestimate how stressful it might be to receive a place a little further away, but I would encourage you to fill the list to ensure that even if you were to wind up on the waiting list for WPP, that you have a school relatively nearby in the meantime.

Bit of a waffle, but I hope that helps!
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby windmill26 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm

" In my experience the school team are very willing to help and will have the most up to date information."
I had the completely opposite experience with the school team at Wandsworth council (more than once).

If you are on the Southfield/Wimbledon side of Wandsworth you closest schools are also Riversdale,Sheringdale and St.Micheal's.
Yesterday there was a post from Beatrix Potter primary stating that due to people moving out of the area they have spaces in all the years (they are generally oversubscribed).
You may find that this is applicable to Wimbledon Park too even if you are just outside the catchment.
Last edited by windmill26 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lemonzest » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm sorry to hear that windmill  😩 That was just my personal experience - obviously always called on a good day!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.