Medical pedi v regualr pedi is it worth the extra cost?

3 posts
deckchair
Options:
Share this post on:

Medical pedi v regualr pedi is it worth the extra cost?

Postby deckchair » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:57 am

Now that it looks like spring is on the way I am off to get a pedi but wondering if I should get a regular pedi or a medical one. Has anyone had a medical one and could they explain the difference apart from the price  :lol: thanks from my feet!
AlexH11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Medical pedi v regualr pedi is it worth the extra cost?

Postby AlexH11 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:39 pm

I have a medical pedi twice a year at Beauchamp Footcare and whilst expensive, I think it’s worth every penny! It’s carried out by a podiatrist so they really treat the feet, rather than just doing a light exfoliation and buff that you get with a normal pedi. They go round every toe and all over the soles / heels with a tiny scalpel and carefully remove all the hard skin then it gets buffed with a machine (that looks more like a sander!) to smooth out all the skin. They will also remove corns etc if you have them. It’s all completely painless but really does last so if your feet need some proper tlc, I’d say go for it!
Rocks
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Medical pedi v regualr pedi is it worth the extra cost?

Postby Rocks » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:41 pm

Exactly what AlexH11 says above. Podiatrists are properly qualified and use sterilized instruments and give your feet a proper MOT.

I go see Shaunie on Webbs Road at Bounce Podiatry every couple of months to get all my hard skin taken off. I also get my insoles from her which I couldnt live/run without. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.