Victorian front path restoration

4 posts
cosmos99
Options:
Share this post on:

Victorian front path restoration

Postby cosmos99 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 pm

We would like to repair our Victorian path at the front of our house which has traditional black/white tiles. Ideally someone who can restore what we have rather than completely replace them. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Many thanks
sixfootredhead
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Victorian front path restoration

Postby sixfootredhead » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi,

Although we haven't used them ourselves as yet (we got a quote from them a while ago but haven't quite decided what we want), 'Ceramic & Stone' seem to do a lot of pathways in this neck of the woods and every time I walk past one of them I think it looks fantastic. I am not sure how they compare price wise to other companies as it's not cheap from what I remember but in terms of quality I think they are very good. A friend of mine has used them and has been very happy with the work. And her entrance way looks great!
biscuitbrown
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby biscuitbrown » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 pm

I got a quote for just tiles from London Mosaic based off Acre Lane & it was v. v. expensive... My builder said you can get them off eBay, haven't looked yet though.
Ginatonica
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ginatonica » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

I can recommend

http://www.groundandsteel.co.uk/

They tiled the front of our house, including replacing the original Victorian path. I believe they can do restorations as well. I found them very competitive and extremely pleasant as well. The main guy is called Michael.

They sourced the tiles from the factory who made the original tiles and then hand cut them to size.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.