Wanted: a Flute

5 posts
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Wanted: a Flute

Postby Star » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello,

is anyone selling a flute? For a 9 year old who will start lessons..Yamaha or Trevor James? Please get in touch if you have one to sell.

Thank you
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wanted: a Flute

Postby chorister » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am

Suggest you contact Northcote Music in Northcote Road - they will be able to help.  Also a if you 9 year old has a flute teacher, then he should be to help too.  It may be better to hire rather than buy to start with to see if it is a ong term interest. 
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:50 am

That's a good idea. She has been allowed to borrow the school's flute over half term to practice getting a sound out. But the next to step would be to buy or hire one. Daughter is keen to learn something other than piano but I agree I should only buy of she is committed. Will visit Northcote Music shop. Thank you
Bbkl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bbkl » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 am

Just Flutes in Croydon is well worth a visit if you have time over half term. They are very friendly and knowledgeable and have a wide range in stock. They operate a rental scheme too.
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 am

Thank you so much. I will check Croydon flutes out.
Her flute teacher did email a few days ago and said she will help and advise on flute purchase. All I know is that they are expensive ! but totally worth it of child is really into it which she is 🙂