Feel like a single parent!!

2 posts
HighchairHostess
Options:
Share this post on:

Feel like a single parent!!

Postby HighchairHostess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Does anyone else feel like a single parent during the week? I love my husband, but rarely ever see him! The company (a well known law firm) he works for are to be honest taking the **** with the amount of hours they expect him to work... I can't remember the last time he made it back for bath time, or even for supper! Sorry to moan... just thought it's better to get it off my chest now, rather than when he gets home tonight.... yup, he's still working!!!!!!!
:evil:
yummymummy2011
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Feel like a single parent!!

Postby yummymummy2011 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:44 pm

We are in exactly the same position with my husband also having to do increasing amounts of international travel. It's a really difficult one. Days on your own are really long and just having that help at bathtime is like gold, not to mention of course the fact that my son utterly adores hearing him come through the front door!

We had to have a very serious conversation a while back and the compromise was that even though my husband HATES bringing work home, he would need to on occasion, so he could spend time with our son and give me a hand.

It's not ideal (and I know that it doesn't always work) but it has made a real difference for the better for us all.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.