IVF - post embryo transfer

7 posts
schnitzel
Options:
Share this post on:

IVF - post embryo transfer

Postby schnitzel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Hello

just wondering if any of you have the magic formula! I had a blastocyst embryo transferred this morning. The clinic told me to just get on with life as normal and do a pregnancy test in 10 days - but I wondered if anyone on here had any advice or tips for me please? I just want it to work this time! We've spent most of our money on IVF so trying to avoid costly complementary therapies....

Thank you!
S
dancing_queen59
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: IVF - post embryo transfer

Postby dancing_queen59 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi,

I had accupunctute on both of my IVF goes and was successful first time. I'm not saying it was this that did it but I was willing to try anything. You normally have it pre and post transfer. Worth contacting Zoe Lake and Neals yard for advice.

Good luck and do keep us informed!
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Try Ian at the Vitality Centre, he also works with the IVF clinic at the Lister & is supposed to be v.good.
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supermummy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

I was also advised by the lister to get on with normal life - the stats show that bed rest etc makes no difference. I just tried to take it easy and relax so no energetic work outs, lifting etc and i ensured healthy diet, plenty sleep etc. no magic solutions, just looking after myself. It worked first time.

If you believe in other therapies, go for it, they won't do any harm. Do whatever you feel comfortable with, don't force yourself to undergo any kind of treatment you don't actually enjoy and don't do anything you might regret, so you can't then beat yourself about whatever it was in case it doesnt work. Follow the path of least regret.

Good luck
Twirly
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Twirly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 pm

I have had two separate blastocyst transfers from the lister and each worked and produced my two children.

I didn't do any other therapies and just carried on. First time I even went on a work trip abroad for a couple of days and tested when I got home. Second time round I had an active 22mth old to contend with and there was no way I was getting any rest!

Remember your odds are favourable having got to blast stage. Good luck. It's a long 10 day wait - keep looking at the photo of that beautiful 5 day old embryo they put back inside you and try and stay positive.

Henriettab
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Henriettab » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Emma Cannon is brilliant. help a few friends very successfully
http://www.emmacannon.co.uk
mandmassage
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mandmassage » Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm

I have helped a lady get pregnant with the Bowen Technique.

Here are her comments on streetlife

http://www.streetlife.com/conversation/ ... 07de432b9/

Am accommodating financially, no win no fee!!

Email: mandmassage@gmail.com
Phone : 07989 604750
Web: www.amandarileytherapies.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.