chicken pox vaccine

9 posts
Cleod
Share this post on:

chicken pox vaccine

Postby Cleod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello mums and dads,
I would like to get my 11 month old vaccinated against chicken pox. my friend said her GP gave it with 1 year immunisations but Heritage Medical Practice on Northcote don't do it on NHS or privately. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go?
Bodders1
Share this post on:

Re: chicken pox vaccine

Postby Bodders1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Try the private gp on Bellevue road. I had my second son immunised there but they would not do it before 12 months. The doctors there are lovely.
Cleod
Share this post on:

Postby Cleod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 pm

thankyou! will contact them
EMK
Share this post on:

Postby EMK » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:06 pm

Try the London travel clinic on Garratt Lane. I had my son vaccinated there in January. Much cheaper than Bellevue road as you only pay for the injections and not for consultation.

http://www.londontravelclinic.co.uk/cli ... -town.aspx
SFMC
Share this post on:

Postby SFMC » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the suggestion of the London Travel Clinic. They do seem have reasonable rates. I called and they said it is 70 per dose (you need two) so 140 pounds total.
My daughter is now a year and just had her MMR - they said you should wait at least a month after the MMR jab and they need 48 hours notice for an appointment to ensure they have vaccine in stock.

Hope that is helpful! I think the private clinic on Bellevue Rd was over 100 per dose... so this is a much cheaper option.
Cleod
Share this post on:

Postby Cleod » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm

I called the London travel clinic in Wandsworth and they said they no longer do the chickenpox vaccine as it is in short supply! How strange to get such conflicting advice! And then I called Wandsworth immunisation team just to get some advice about whether they could recommend a private practice and they mentioned that it won't conflict with MMR!! So even more conflicting advice there!
Will try the Bellevue doctors tomorrow. I bet by the time I sort this out my daughter will pick it up at nursery!!
lelboim
Share this post on:

Postby lelboim » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 am

Hi - I took my two daughters to the Private GP on Bennerley Road /corner of Northcote Road where they share practice with Glow (dentist) to have them chicken pox vaccinated earlier this year. There are two jabs per child, 6 weeks apart and £200 per jab so if I remember correctly I paid £800 for the complete vaccination for two kids. Your child has to be at least 12 months old to have it done.

I hope this helps.

X
coolclapham
Share this post on:

Postby coolclapham » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:30 am

I took my daughter to My Healthcare Clinic in Battersea Reach. Cheaper than Bellevue and the doctor there was lovely. Happy to recommend.
Birdie40
Share this post on:

Postby Birdie40 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:55 am

I had both my children vaccinated - my son had one jab £50 but a couple of years later with my daughter it was two shots £50 each. The nurse at my local GPs did it privately. Although I do seem to remember that it was a live vaccine so couldn't be at the same time as the MMR - month between.

There is a good private practice called Coombe Medical in Kingston - Dr Barrie. Was thinking of going there for the BCG