Rubbish Collection - At my wits end!

3 posts
lindylindylindy
Share this post on:

Rubbish Collection - At my wits end!

Postby lindylindylindy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:31 am

To cut a long story short the collections services on Friday morning have been completely ignoring my rubbish bags and collecting everyone else's rubbish except ours! This has been going on for about 6 weeks and I have phoned, emailed, reported, taken photographic evidence but I am at my wits end as to what to do now.

My rubbish is festering away on the road after it wasn't collected yesterday, yet again. It is put out where it has always been put out, correct time and correct bags. Of course it is getting ripped up by foxes by now.

I am going to wait for them on Friday to confront them as this is causing me stress and embarrassment. :cry: :cry:

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do legally?

When I write to L&A Waste services asking them to investigate, asking whether I should perhaps leave my rubbish in a different spot etc I just get an email saying 'The contractor will collect within 48 hours'.

Unfortunately, the spot we leave our rubbish in has recently be used by fly tippers who have left paint and household items and huge boxes right outside our alleyway so I am unsure whether this has anything to do with it...

Ah well...rant over. Any idea's welcome.
lindylindylindy
Share this post on:

Re: Rubbish Collection - At my wits end!

Postby lindylindylindy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:32 am

Bump
FBSW18
Share this post on:

Re: Rubbish Collection - At my wits end!

Postby FBSW18 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:04 am

Have you tried emailing your local councillor? I had a similar problem and my councillor, Clare Clay, couldn't have been more helpful and arranged to have the rubbish collected the next day.