Do you have a French-speaking child in Year 1 or Year 2?

1 post
vendredimanche
Share this post on:

Do you have a French-speaking child in Year 1 or Year 2?

Postby vendredimanche » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Bonjour,

I know there are many fellow French-speaking Mums on the NVN forum (or married to French-speaking Dads!).

Do you have a child who will be in Year 1 or Year 2 at an English school in September? Do you (your other half) speak French to your child but they are educated in an English-speaking environment? Do you want them to learn how to read and write in French, but are not willing to give up clubs and playdates to spend 3 hours/ week in formal after-school lessons + additional CNED homework?

If so, please get in touch! I have contacted French Between the Commons and they could put together an after-school class for 4 or 5 French speaking children. It would be 1h30 once a week and would follow the CP/ CE1 programme but at a slow pace, as there would be no pressure to obtain a French équivalence. So in effect it would be more than a French club, but less heavy going than a formal CNED programme.

It's important that the kids are of similar ages so we are looking at 6-8 y old who are already bilingual. This would not be a class to teach them French, but a class to extend their vocabulary and teach them how to read/ write in French.

Please PM/ email me if interested.

VdM