Teacher's presents?

4 posts
shaneleone
Share this post on:

Teacher's presents?

Postby shaneleone » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:39 am

Hello,

I'm not from the UK, and new to the school system here. My son will be finishing up his term at nursery next week (he's at nursery at our local state primary), and I was wondering about teacher's presents and what other families do. There are 4 main teachers: the head teacher, his key teacher, the nursery nurse and one other. Do I get each one of them a small gift? Any ideas/suggestions/advice would be very much appreciated, as we've been very happy with the nursery.

Thanks!
TillyandMoo
Share this post on:

Re: Teacher's presents?

Postby TillyandMoo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:05 am

Hi

At my son's nursery everyone on his table put in £5 each for the teaching assistant and £20 for his main teacher and we bought vouchers for them.
I also bought his main teacher a beautiful bracelet from Stella and Dot called the Wisdom bracelet as it's apt for a teacher and she was amazing. It's only £19 so that's an idea as a main gift.

http://www.stelladot.co.uk/shop/en_gb/p ... m-bracelet

I make cutout artwork which also makes a good gift! www.tillyandmoo.co.uk

Good luck!
Tilly and Moo
The Original Cutout Artists
jg75
Share this post on:

Postby jg75 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

I just got boxes of chocolates. Terribly unoriginal but always appreciated? A massive box for the administration and the teachers, and then a separate gift for our daughter's teacher and teachers' assistant. I would have chipped in with other parents if I had their contact details but I don't.
gail0810
Share this post on:

Postby gail0810 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:36 pm

At my daughter's state nursery we have all contributed to a collection for the teacher and four key workers to buy m&s vouchers. I have also bought some lovely biscuits for them all to share and a small gift and card for her keyworker.