Advice for Spanish friend wanting to learn English.

2 posts
wandsworthmummy12
Options:
Share this post on:

Advice for Spanish friend wanting to learn English.

Postby wandsworthmummy12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

I would like some advice.

I have a friends daughter staying with us from Spain, she is 19 years old and speaks no English. She would like to stay with us for the summer and enrol on a English course in September. I am confused as to what she needs to do. Can she just go and enrol like a UK resident would? Would she need to pay more than a UK resident? Also if she is in the country for a long length of time is there anything she needs to do, as in declaring that she is living in the UK.

I am sure this is a very basic question but I am doubting myself and really do not want her to get into trouble for something I have forgotten to tell her.

I would be grateful for any advice.
beatryshe
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Advice for Spanish friend wanting to learn English.

Postby beatryshe » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:32 am

Hi,

She is from Spain hence from the European Community so she doesn't need to do anything at all.
She could go to the spanish embassy to enrol herself if she was going to stay here in this country but if it is just for the summer she doesn't need to.
With regards to the English schools, there are usually 2 prices, one for european (cheaper) and one for non-european, but all this information will be on the school.
One advise is for her to enrol in any other course as the language course are full of non-english speakers (obviously) and they end up speaking their own language.
She could do any other course (about anything she is interesting on) and where the other students are british so she can make British (or english speaker) friends and she will learn faster.

hope this information help.