Petition to Lambeth Council: Please Stop Damaging Clapham Common With Endless Music Festivals

4 posts
souxie
Options:
Share this post on:

Petition to Lambeth Council: Please Stop Damaging Clapham Common With Endless Music Festivals

Postby souxie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

*** PETITION to LAMBETH COUNCIL: PLEASE SAVE CLAPHAM COMMON from ONGOING DAMAGE by LARGE MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT FESTIVALS ***

WINTERVILLE is a profit making organisation, which held a Large Entertainment Festival on Clapham Common in November 2017.

They ran their event from the end of November until early January 2018.

When they evacuated, the huge piece of ground they had inhabited on Clapham Common was so BADLY DAMAGED that it was cordoned off for a further 4 MONTHS.☹️☹️☹️

This meant that the event precluded use of the Common to the general public for a period of over 5 months. ☹️☹️☹️

Winterville are making a bid to return to the same site in 2018/19!

We are keen that they do not, and that if they must return, they occupy the 'FAIRGROUND' site along The Avenue.✅

Please show your support by clicking on the link below to fill in the petition.

It will take you less than a minute to complete.😀

Thank You Sooo Much!!! 😀🙏😀
soil damage to Clapham Common .jpeg
https://evorecruit.wufoo.com/forms/pddx7om0hcwufk/
SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Petition to Lambeth Council: Please Stop Damaging Clapham Common With Endless Music Festivals

Postby SW12Pops » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I love the idea of festivals in our open spaces but didn't realise it has such an impact.

Not sure this will have any impact on Lambeth though, they seem to enjoy tormenting the Wandsworth residents and as we don't vote for them we don't have any power over them!
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Petition to Lambeth Council: Please Stop Damaging Clapham Common With Endless Music Festivals

Postby parsleysong » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Signed but I think that SW12Pops is spot on. Lambeth is a left-wing council and sees Wandsworth as its natural enemy so they probably love it when we complain. They seem quite happy to milk this resource to the max despite the damage caused. I also didn't realise that it was 5 months of damage! Even the Formula e race in Battersea Park was nothing like that.
chorister
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chorister » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I agonise over these issues. I believe that many, many people attended and enjoyed Winterville, but on the other hand it certainly damaged the Common. In the end though I think that if you live close to common land then you have to accept that the clue to its status is in the name, and that it cannot just be reserved for people (like me) in our expensive houses.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.