A heartwarming story for a chilly day

7 posts
ANT_clapham
Options:
Share this post on:

A heartwarming story for a chilly day

Postby ANT_clapham » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:59 pm

There's often a lot of doom and gloom on here, so I just had to try to counterbalance that with something lovely and heartwarming which took place thanks to this very site.

I posted here a little while back http://www.nappyvalleynet.com/mums/view ... 813#p93813 to try and find a local business willing to offer sponsorship so my son's school could get a new football kit.

No local businesses came forward. But I did get a private message from a frequent user of this site, who, it transpires, has a heart of gold.

This person offered to pay for the kit in full out of their own pocket so that the kids at the school could take pride in their own abilities and the prowess of their football team, rather than wearing the name of a local business and feeling like they owed their success to that.

The school is, understandably, delighted and I am so thrilled to have found such a benevolent person living locally. We hear so many posts about people ripping us off that this just feels like the perfect antidote to it all.

Just to reiterate, this is someone who doesn't have a child at the school, who has no interest in getting them a new kit and wants no recognition for it whatsoever. Just for the kids to be able to have the kit they need.

The school does an absolutely excellent job of instilling great manners and a sense of community in the kids, and I know each and every kid lucky enough to get one of the kits will be inspired by this amazing show of generosity. I know I am.

I would love nothing more than to name the benevolent local but I am sworn to secrecy. Not just an incredibly generous person, but humble too.

Hope this makes you feel as warm and fuzzy as I do.
ANT_clapham
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: A heartwarming story for a chilly day

Postby ANT_clapham » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:01 pm

Sorry, I didn't phrase one bit very well - by saying "has no interest in getting them a new kit" I mean "has nothing to gain from getting them a new kit".
mrs_pavlova
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrs_pavlova » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Great story!
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm

A story like i love them...

I am delighted for the kids! I am also delighted to know that the world as i see it is still a wonderful place with amazing people.

A good pre-Christmas!
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm

Lovely story, there are some amazing people out there with hearts of gold - very rare these days. Thanks for sharing - always good to hear positive news like this!

Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:03 pm

What a lovely human being.

I believe we all have it in us - just wish more would put it into action.

Thank you for sharing.
Laura9
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Laura9 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 am

How lovely!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.