Summer Holiday Recommendations - please help

3 posts
Mrs.G
Options:
Share this post on:

Summer Holiday Recommendations - please help

Postby Mrs.G » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for a great summer holiday?

We are looking for the opportunity to relax in the sun, both with and without our kids. Our main criteria is a high quality, exciting and enriching kids club for our two boys (age 4 and 9) so we can relax without feeling the pangs of guilt associated with dumping them in sunny day care. We prefer beach to city and within a 6 hour flight (max).

From what we've heard, Club Med would be ideal, but perhaps a little outside the budget for this year.

Internet searches return many, many options, but there is little information to indicate the true quality of the kids club experience - we would welcome advice and recommendations.

Thanks
Jo Mac
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Summer Holiday Recommendations - please help

Postby Jo Mac » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:19 am

Totally get the guilt thing and having inspected with my job probably 50 so called family-friendly hotels there is a vast difference in quality of kids clubs! Availability is getting tight and you didn't specify a budget but I know you can get the Gloria Golf Hotel (not a golf hotel!) in Turkey for £4500 ish including flights, private transfers and 7 nights on half board in a suite (2 separate sleeping areas) and the kids club is truly AMAZING! It has its own waterpark, lots of sports and activities, a real wow.

If this is too much then we have done a couple of successful Club Med Holidays to their property in France - you can drive so makes it a bit cheaper although a warning that there are not so many English speakers so not so easy for kids to make friends - brilliant activities though.

La Manga is not to be dismissed as well if your kids are sporty as there is loads going on and if you stay in 1 of the 4 star apartments which are a good standard you can enrol the boys into tennis, golf, footie courses of just the kids club which has a varied programme. It is an absolute bargain price for summer!

Happy to get you some proper quotes or chat through other ideas if you want to contact me, jo@quovadistravel.co.uk.
You can also browse my website, www.familyholidayscompany.com.
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Summer Holiday Recommendations - please help

Postby monaco » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi, no personal experience of kids clubs but one of the bloggers I follow recently posted about a great kids club in Malaga so maybe worth checking ?

http://littleluxlifestyle.com/2014/04/2 ... in-europe/
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.