Calling Earlsfield frustrated parents...

62 posts
Wandsworth Council
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Calling Earlsfield frustrated parents...

Postby Wandsworth Council » Fri May 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Parents in the Earlsfield area whose children have not yet been offered a school place, or who do not wish to take up the place they have been offered at the Mosaic free school, are to be offered a place at Smallwood primary school.

The council has reached agreement with the headteacher and governors at Smallwood that an additional class for up to 30 pupils will be provided this September.

Letters informing parents of the offers are being sent out today (Friday).

This year the council received primary school applications from 3,224 Wandsworth residents - an increase of 136 (4.4 per cent) compared to last year. All the primary schools in the area were heavily oversubscribed and this was particularly true at Earlsfield primary school, which received 334 applications for just 60 places.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Calling Earlsfield frustrated parents...

Postby papinian » Wed May 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Office of the Schools Adjudicator (OSA) slaps down Wandsworth Council spokesman regarding incorrect statements made on this thread re Mosaic Jewish Primary School admission arrangements.

The following was sent to me today by email after I brought this thread and Wandsworth Council's statement to the attention of the OSA:
As you have set out below, the adjudicator concluded following her consideration of the objection and further to a meeting with relevant parties that she did not have jurisdiction to consider the objection as the admission arrangements of the school for September 2014 had not been properly determined.
I am grateful to you for bringing this matter to the attention of the Office of the Schools Adjudicator (OSA). I hope you will understand it would not be appropriate for me to ask the local authority to retract the statement which you say was posted on a prominent local website. I do intend writing to Mr Masson-Smith at the local authority to re-state the OSA's position on this matter.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.