Help - stepmum needs advice

4 posts
balhambird
Options:
Share this post on:

Help - stepmum needs advice

Postby balhambird » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:46 pm

Hello all - I am a step mum to a soon to be 10 year boy. My husband is Egyptian and his son is currently at a fee paying school in Egypt (the English School) - he is doing well and is excelling in most subjects including English and particularly football! At the moment my husband flits between the two countries which is not ideal and we are discussing the practicalities of staying put in London and moving our son here. Neither of us is keen on State schools although I have no experience at all of the London school system. Is now a good or bad time to move him? Will he be better off staying in Egypt for another year or so and transferring into a secondary school here? Which are good schools in the Balham area (both state and private) - English is not his first language! Any help appreciated as I last had experience of teh education system in the 1980's!!
SarahClarke
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help - stepmum needs advice

Postby SarahClarke » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello BB, just wondered one small thing - where is the boy's mother ? x
CHT
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CHT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi, I don't know about choosing schools in particular, but just a head's up that if your stepson is an Egyptian national you'll need to think about immigration issues sooner rather than later - www.ukba.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
mylifestory
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mylifestory » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 pm

speak to any private school asap, they will advise. Theres lots of ppl i know who started at scondaries at 10, a year early. Speak to finton ....

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.