Ex constatntly swapping his childcare weekends around

4 posts
Totts
Options:
Share this post on:

Ex constatntly swapping his childcare weekends around

Postby Totts » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi, my ex husband has our children every other weekend but recently he has started swapping the weekends around with little or no notice. This really messes me about because I am then having to cancel plans and to be blunt these alternate weekends are my only me-time. He claims the reason is work but I still feel as though that shouldn't be taking my time. He is otherwise a good "ex"

I don't want to be unreasonable but I do need to be able to make plans of my own. Any help from anyone who has had to navigate a situation like this would be wonderful.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Ex constatntly swapping his childcare weekends around

Postby Goldhawk » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:32 pm

Just say NO
He can sort out childcare if he has to work
NoodleFan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NoodleFan » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:44 am

I agree with the post above. Dads rely on mum’s not wanting to “abandon” their kids and really take the proverbial. He’ll only do it more if you keep helping out.

What would he do if you said that you couldn’t have them on your week/weekends? I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t offer…

Also you don’t want to be that person who keeps cancelling her friends at the last minute (albeit with good reason).
NoodleFan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NoodleFan » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:51 am

I would like to add that I realise it’s not an easy thing to do. Especially if your kids are small. Maybe sit down together and work out what the other options are.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.