Intimidating teens

3 posts
Streatham Hill
Options:
Share this post on:

Intimidating teens

Postby Streatham Hill » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:22 pm

Just wanted to let people know that my 12-year-old son and his friend came across two very unpleasant teens as they were walking back from Streatham Hill, on their way home from school yesterday evening.

The two teens swore at them and shouted a racially abusive term at my son’s friend and then chased them down a road off of Streatham High Road.

Fortunately I had gone up the road to meet my son off the school bus, so rescued them from this ordeal. I walked my son’s friend home and we then happened to follow the two teens back down the road we live on.

The two teens both picked up ‘weapons’, a wooden pole and another lump of wood, and were waving these around as we followed them down the road, I think to try and intimidate my son.

Understandably my son is quite shaken up after this encounter, so just wanted to let others know in case they have youngsters walking home by themselves in the area.

I reported it online to the police last night and reassuringly they called me back very swiftly. They want to come and speak with my son and I tomorrow about the incident. Definitely worth reporting incidents like this if anyone else experiences anything horrible like this too.
Mikeydon
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Intimidating teens

Postby Mikeydon » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:38 pm

The reality here is that you live in an area that this can happen at anytime so all you can do is reduce the risk by meeting your son from school when you can and it’s probably not a good idea for your son to have an expensive smart phone on him either as this could make him a target for robbery, if you can’t meet your son from school then teach him to be streetwise by not walking alone and isolated and be aware of his surroundings at all times. Might sound extreme but very necessary actions to adhere to .
N-dawg
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Intimidating teens

Postby N-dawg » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:59 pm

Mikey - I’ve noticed that all of your posts on here seem to blame the victims for crimes they are subjected to. Odd…

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.