Bill's Northcote Road - Lies and poor service

2 posts
mummyof2
Options:
Share this post on:

Bill's Northcote Road - Lies and poor service

Postby mummyof2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Truly awful service at Bills, Northcote Road, which ruined the entire evening.

My son's burger was incorrectly ordered. This was blamed on a member of staff 'in training'.

Secondly our adult meals simply did not arrive. After half an hour of waiting (after our children's main courses were served) I asked the manager how much longer we would have to wait (as by this point our children had finished and wanted to leave). The moment he checked the computer he ran into the kitchen. It was clear to us that our order had not been rung through to the kitchen. Despite this, he did not return to our table to inform us what had happened or how long it would be. So, I had to attract his attention again. He blamed this on a 'problem in the kitchen'. This was clearly a lie, as other tables had been served without a problem, while we continued to wait. When pressed he concocted a story about a faulty grill.

When our food eventually arrived my main course arrived without my chosen sides. To add insult to injury, I had to re-order these and by the time they had arrived, my main course was cold. Diabolical.

Yes, money was deducted from our bill, but I would rather had paid for a nice evening out than one fraught with stress and arguments, and had some food knocked off the bill.

Errors in service I can forgive, as we all make mistakes. Offering no apology whatsoever for these, is harder to forgive. Being lied to and taken for a fool is unforgivable. Nobody seemed to care. It totally ruined what should have been a nice Father's Day meal.
Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Bill's Northcote Road - Lies and poor service

Postby Bodders1 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:58 pm

I have always had a really good experience at Bills and found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food to be good. It sounds like the staff member in training who took your order made mistakes when you placed you order (your sides and your son's burger) and then also failed to ring it through properly. Of course the manager should have been more upfront about the mistakes that were made by the trainee rather than blaming it on problems in the kitchen. Seems a bit strong though to name and shame Bills on such a public forum and to accuse them of lying. Your post is so strongly worded (Diabolical. Unforgiveable. etc) I can't help but read it, particularly in the current climate, and think "first world problems"!! That said I can imagine the whole experience was very frustrating.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.