Go on then, as it's Friday, political post. Required - smart, committed citizens to stand & Renew Britain #stopbrexit

4 posts
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Go on then, as it's Friday, political post. Required - smart, committed citizens to stand & Renew Britain #stopbrexit

Postby GuyD73 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Evening all, sorry, me again, agitating, after a fashion, but some of you might be interested in this.

Who else is mortified at the current state of British politics? Feels the choice in main parties between a hard-left Corbyn and a 'raped women shouldn't have abortions' Mogg isn't much of one? I like the idea of smart, conscious people from our communities, as our representatives, rather than party-obsessed career politicians. I think that's what https://renewbritain.org/britain-today/# are trying to do, within a sensible, centrist, anti-Brexit policy framework. Try and think if you have an articulate, politically-engaged friend who might be willing to stand as a councillor in the May elections. It doesn't have to be a doctor or lawyer, financier or CEO type, it could be a teacher, chef, nurse, builder, youth worker, whatever. I've only recently had a chat about this with Chris Coghlan, who stood as an independent candidate in Battersea in the last GE (& helped swing the seat), so I'm going to have a think about all the talented, community-minded men and women I know in Wandsworth and Battersea who might be up for it and I'll campaign like hell for anyone I can believe in. Please copy the link of this post into your networks and tag your friends. This is a one of few opportunities we will have to register our protest at Brexit and the current inept, self-interested politicians in our House of Commons. Come on SW18? How are you going to vote? Anyone agree the current disastrous state of affairs can't continue? #stopbrexit ;)
The NSC
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Go on then, as it's Friday, political post. Required - smart, committed citizens to stand & Renew Britain #stopbrexi

Postby The NSC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Do your opinions vary depending on the day of the week?
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Go on then, as it's Friday, political post. Required - smart, committed citizens to stand & Renew Britain #stopbrexi

Postby GuyD73 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:42 am

That’s an odd comment???! I have zero political allegiance. Voted Tory in 2010 because I thought fiscal prudence was what was required in the wake of the financial crisis, I voted Labour last year, not because I think Corbyn’s a good idea, but because it improved the Parliamentary arithmetic against Brexit. Oh and what do you know? Govt were defeated by 4 votes on the ‘meaningful vote’ amendment, hurrah! Care to qualify your daft comment or are you just one of the silly trolls that sometimes infest this forum?
twingirlsmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby twingirlsmama » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Maybe that’s parsleysong logging in under a pseudonym??? She is the master of all things daft......

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.