Bike for school run...

2 posts
Tils1
Options:
Share this post on:

Bike for school run...

Postby Tils1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:24 pm

We are looking at the different options for a bike to take two children to school. They are little but want something that will last and can be used by not very confident cyclist!

If anybody has any recommendations and comments I would be hugely grateful! The Trikadoo looks interesting and also the Nihola but would love to know how they handle, if they are frequently stolen if they are chained to a d-ring outside a house in Clapham and also if anybody has a second hand one for sale.

Many thanks..
cyclecamper
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Bike for school run...

Postby cyclecamper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:49 pm

I have a Circe Helios tandem, which you can use with 2 bike seats or a bike seat and a stoker (rear rider) aged from 3.5 or so up. I've even ridden it with my husband on the back. It's the best thing ever! I can ride it with a 2 year old in baby seat and no stoker or on my own. I have ridden it with a 4 year old stoking, dropped him at school, along with his brother's bike and had the 7 year old on the back. You can even replace the back seat with a second rack and do a big shop or carry 2 bike seats. Totally fab!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.