Kitchen side return

7 posts
sophieengle
Options:
Share this post on:

Kitchen side return

Postby sophieengle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

Hello!

We are thinking of doing a kitchen side return on our new house on lower mortlake road and wondered if anyone has had a kitchen side return done and could recommend a builder and if they have any idea of costs? It's a victorian cottage so quite small...no idea how much it would costs so would be very grateful for any responses!

Thank you,

Sophie
JCharles
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kitchen side return

Postby JCharles » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:05 am

Hi If you need architectural plans please see www.m3architecturaldesign.co.uk
Thanks
Teddymom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Teddymom » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi
We had ours done a few years ago and there are a few lessons that we've learnt :-)

The dust is incredible. It's not actually possible to create a picture of how bad the dust it, imagine a child dumping bags and bags of dust all over ALL of your house every day. It's worse than that :o

We lived in whilst ours was done but it was a nightmare.

Cost wise they start at about 40k and go to about 100k depending on what sort of work you're doing. They are relatively simple builds but you can find drains and electrics and planning all start to make something complicated quite awkward.

Side returns work best when you "open up" the whole of the back and although that takes quite a bit of steel its an amazing result, I honestly smile every day I do into mine.

If you have any other questions please shout
sophieengle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sophieengle » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks so much for your reply. Thank God we're not going to be living in the house whilst it's going to be done - the amount of dust sounds incredible.

We would love to open up the back at the same time but unfortunately it's going to be too expensive. Unless we add a conservatory but that may look a bit odd as the outside wall will have to stay due to the costs.

Would you recommend the builder you used and if so could you please email me the details?

Thanks so much,

Sophie
Architecture.Design
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Architecture.Design » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 am

Hi there,

We are Architectural Assistants and have worked in practice in SW London for several years working on design and planning for multiple residential properties. We would be happy to help you with your designs. We can also draw up the necessary plans and drawings for planning purposes. We are friendly and easy to talk to.
We may be able to put you in touch with a few builders if you also still would like the discuss matters further in relation to the build cost.

If you would like to know anything else or need any further information please email me at nikki_wernham@hotmail.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you.

house-renovation
Share this post on:

Postby house-renovation » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Book a Site Survey Today!

House Renovation London Ltd be happy to meet you at your property to discuss your requirements and answer any questions you may have.

Quotations are FREE so please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Services we offer include:

- FULL HOUSE RENOVATION
- HOUSE EXTENSIONS
- LOFT CONVERSIONS
- BASEMENT CONVERSIONS
- DESIGN & BUILD

Bathroom refurbishment to complete installations.
Painting and decorating
Internal and external refurbishment
Plumbing and electrics
Tiling and flooring

and more...

You can contact us on:

074 6367 7776 and 020 3865 7983

info@house-renovation.co.uk

Kindest regards,

Jon
http://www.house-renovation.co.uk
https://www.house-renovation.co.uk/our-work/
https://www.instagram.com/houserenovationlondon/
#houseextension #houseextensions #houserenovation #houserenovations #builderslondon #houseextensionsdesign #sideextensions #architecturelovers #architecture #interior #interiordesign #decoration #luxurydesign #luxury #luxuryhome #homedecor
LWade
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LWade » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi.Sorry I've been offline over Xmas and only back onto Nappyvalley this week!
I have a lot of experience in side returns and also loft conversions as I own a buy to let portfolio in Wandsworth and Tooting. I've completed ten conversions, most with side returns to date. It's pretty straight forward really, you should be able to get this under permitted development so the planning side should be pretty straight forwards. I have used a lovely company over the past few years and I have recommended them to my friends - all of whom have been very pleased. Their quotes have always been excellent and also very accurate (no hidden nasty costs!). They are polite and turn up each day until the job has finished - pretty important to me as I live outside of London now and I couldn't pop in every day and check on them. The owner is called Clive and he is very helpful with regards to advising you on the best planning route, if you need party wall agreements and can provide quotes fairly quickly. His number is 07966 476862

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.