1 day a week outdoor education role for experienced teacher

3 posts
friendly_HR
Options:
Share this post on:

1 day a week outdoor education role for experienced teacher

Postby friendly_HR » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:33 pm

The Paradise Co-operative are a local charity based on an acre of community garden site, just next to to Wandsworth Common. We run projects for local community groups and building on the success of our holiday clubs 'Wild Child', we are starting a pilot for 3 local primary schools in the Summer term teaching curriculum-based classes on our site.

We will be running lessons on Dobbins field (our community garden) based on Science, Geography, and IT curricula. These sessions have been designed and will be delivered by an experienced primary school teacher, and we are looking for assistant leaders with a background in teaching (primary or secondary) who would like to join us. Our “classroom" is a beautiful community garden just next to Wandsworth Common and we aim to use the unique site and its resources to help create memorable and enjoyable learning experiences for local children.

The role:
You must be available on Thursdays in Summer term, beginning 26th April until late June (excluding half-term 29th May)
From 9am - 3pm
London Living Wage per hour (£10.20)
Training session of 1/2 a day beforehand
Teaching experience necessary
Interest and enthusiasm for outdoor and alternative learning methods
Able to apply for full DBS check

If you’re a part-time teacher, or someone with a background in teaching who’s interested in alternative education, then get in touch! We’re particularly interested in finding someone who would like to train as part of the pilot sessions with a view to taking on more responsibility (and an increased wage) from September 2018 onwards. To find out more information, please e-mail team@paradisecooperative.org

Check out our website to see more about us www.paradisecooperative.org
Poppyh12
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: 1 day a week outdoor education role for experienced teacher

Postby Poppyh12 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello,

I have seen your advert for the out door lessons in Wandsworth. I would be really interested in being an assistant leader to help out on Thursdays in the Summer Term.

I am 27 years old, based in Wandsworth and currently training to be a primary teacher at Roehampton University. I have been on some placements in school and have a part time job nannying, therefore experienced with children.

If this is any interest to you please let me know. My email address is p_henderson91@outlook.com.

Many thanks

Poppy
friendly_HR
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: 1 day a week outdoor education role for experienced teacher

Postby friendly_HR » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:33 am

Many thanks Poppy. I'll send you an e-mail.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.