Do well paying decent part time jobs exist? And how do I find those?

7 posts
Gottofind
Options:
Share this post on:

Do well paying decent part time jobs exist? And how do I find those?

Postby Gottofind » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:44 pm

I have about 15 years of experience in Marketing, Sales and Business development. Though very generic skills, I have a good background in strategic management and potentially would qualify for a Director level position in a company. 

However, at present, I am looking for part time jobs (for various reasons) that pay reasonably well. I am currently marketing for someone and it pays £500 a month which is not enough to sustain any sort of expenses, although is quite flexible and decent work. My boss is a gem of a person too! 
I am happy to work 3-4 days a week if that is what it takes but I am looking for jobs that pay over £50k. 
Is that even possible? 

So, I guess my questions are : 
a) Can someone help me fix my CV so that it looks like it belongs to a senior management person with loads of experience? 
b) Give me advice on type of jobs to apply for and where to find them? 
I have been looking on Linkedin, Mumsnet, Capability Jane and similar sites with very little luck! 

I have thought about going freelance but not sure what I can do with my skills !!!  :shock:

I need help and advice on how to move forward to secure something better paying in the new year .... :(
egc1973
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Do well paying decent part time jobs exist? And how do I find those?

Postby egc1973 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:42 am

hi
you could try get in contact with Miguel, he´s an expert in Linkedin, he might be able to help you with your page and from there get better jobs though it´s tough right now out there
ImageMiguel Garcia <miguel@fylolearning.com>
I went to a networking event and met him there, he focuses more on students but you can always call /email him and request a quote
regards
ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ally30_1998 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:04 am

Apply for Charity Jobs in marketing and fundraising? They usually only do four days a week in the office... and the pay, especially for fundraising, is very good - that said, you'd need to demonstrate a track record to net the high salary, but if you want to end up on £70k + doing a four day week with maternity leave, health ins and all the other goodies, that is the way to go if you have those talents and can bring in the donations.
Scandimamma2016
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Scandimamma2016 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:15 am

Hi, check out www.mothersandcareers.com they get well-paid flexible jobs posted from time to time.
One great one at the moment is Head of Operations for a startup in London - however it pays £45k pro rata, so not above £50 as you requested am afraid. Worth having a look though.

Clare Lupton
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Clare Lupton » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:19 pm

I do something freelance that your skill set could be perfect for and you can fit it around your other commitments.  I'd be happy to give you more info if you'd like to find out more?  PM me, or send me an email (just click on my user name).
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.john-thorogood.co.uk
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
Gottofind
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Gottofind » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:49 am

Thank you so much for your time and responses.
I am already following up on all sites and jobs mentioned as well as some search suggestions by another person.

Unfortunately, I don't have legal or financial industry background which is a bit of a kicker but keeping my fingers crossed.

Is there anyone who can give me an hour's help on my CV?
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Star » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am

Someone recommended "2to3days.com" for professional part time roles geared towards mothers. Personally I'm not there yet, but will be looking around soon for something that works for our family.
Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.