The Martinhal, Portugalh

3 posts
holidaymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

The Martinhal, Portugalh

Postby holidaymummy » Tue May 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi all
We are thinking of visiting the Martinhal in Portugal this summer. Has anyone been? In particular during the school holidays? I'd love to hear what you think of it. Thanks
Holiday mummy
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: The Martinhal, Portugalh

Postby supermummy » Tue May 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes! Went for a week at Easter with 3 yr old and loved it.

Pros - beautiful modern villas(we had ocean view ), staff all v friendly, it was really nice stylish design everywhere but v relaxed atmosphere, all set up with high chairs in restaurants before you even had to ask, crayons etc. Great play area with plastic play houses outside the Italian restaurant so you can enjoy early evening drink/ meal while kids run around in full view. Another restaurant has sand pit and trampoline in front so also great for a drink while keeping an eye on little ones. Kids club was great, all new and spotless, with proper activities scheduled eg parties, crafts. had lovely babysitter from there one night which was great so we knew it wasnt total stranger. Beach is 5 mins walk through the resort. Great spa. sports facilities and activities programme if you want to be active! Personally I think it's as good as it sounds on the website!

Cons- not much to see in surrounding area, some good beaches to visit but it seems the barren end of he algarve. fine if you mainly want to stay put and relax. Shop on site is extortionate ( we had hired a car and went to supermArket 5 mins away). On a sunny day, the nicest pool is in front of the hotel and it was quite busy even in april, i did wonder how packed it would be in summer but there are 3 other pools. Not a huge amount to do if it rains but we just chilled out, read a book, watched some tv, went swimming in indoor pool. The beach is nice and sandy but i'm sure its not the prettiest cove in algarve. The resort was half full which was nice in some ways but I think it would be more buzzy and sociable in summer.

My daughter still says she wants to go back to the kids club there! Would def go back.
Tots Too
Share this post on:

Re: The Martinhal, Portugalh

Postby Tots Too » Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 am

Hi, you can read lots of reviews from our guests who have been to Martinhal at http://www.totstoo.com/reviews_martinhal&page=1.

Or speak to our helpful team who have visited Martinhal and can give you advice on how to make the most of it for your family:
http://www.totstoo.com/contact

love from Tots Too :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.