Has anyone lived in Dubai with toddlers/children

3 posts
Katskii1
Options:
Share this post on:

Has anyone lived in Dubai with toddlers/children

Postby Katskii1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 pm

I am interested to hear views of anyone who has lived in Dubai with a family. Where to live/nurseries/schools/nannies etc.... My husband and I will both be working fill time
MissP
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Has anyone lived in Dubai with toddlers/children

Postby MissP » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 am

Hi There

We moved to Dubai six months ago and it was the best thing we've done as a family. The lifestyle here is brilliantly set up for (expat) families. Our children (8,4 and 2) are all happily settled into very good (British) schools and nursery. Although I don't work, it is very easy for those who do, because almost everyone has live-in help (most houses accommodate rooms for the helpers) who, as a rule, work 6 days a week.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to message me, but I highly recommend it and wish you luck.
356girl
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Has anyone lived in Dubai with toddlers/children

Postby 356girl » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi, we've lived in Dubai for over 4 years. I did a lot of research before choosing a nursery and cannot say enough good things about Horizons Nursery, formerly Cooper Nursery (affiliated with Cooper Clinic). It is managed by English/American staff and the nursery nurses all have high level qualifications. There is a lot of space for the children to roam and they're developing an early toddler unit (amazing baby unit and toddler unit at present). The support network is great as well. It's located in Umm Suqeim. We live on the Palm Jumeirah. Another that is highly recommended are Hummingbird Nursery (DIFC - more expensive and higher turnover). See http://www.horizonschooldubai.com. The other suggestions to look at Expat Woman and Dubizzle are good ones for general info/advice. Be careful in choosing a nanny/housemaid if you decide to go that route. We and just about everyone we know has horror stories. Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.