Holiday rental (Gite?) for summer sunshine

4 posts
twomonkeys
Options:
Share this post on:

Holiday rental (Gite?) for summer sunshine

Postby twomonkeys » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi there

There are few older threads on this topic, but was hoping for some recent recommendations for a self catering holiday in France/Spain/Portugal to find a week of summer sunshine during the school holidays.

Two adults and two children primary school age so swimming pool essential and hopefully other stuff to explore locally. Ideally nearish to an airport so that we can fly as not keen at all on driving and near to places where we can eat out.

Not too fancy, as budget not huge.

thanks in advance!
Tilly&Roo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Holiday rental (Gite?) for summer sunshine

Postby Tilly&Roo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 am

We stayed here http://lechevrefeuille.com a few years ago when our son was 1. It's in the dordogne area so can fly into Bergerac or Bordeaux. It's run by an English family and was a lovely setting. We had a 2 bed cottage so could either self cater or there is the option to eat in their small restaurant on site (the guy who runs it is a chef I think). It worked very well as the "restaurant" is just in the courtyard outside the gite so could put the baby to bed with a baby monitor and enjoy the evening just the 2 of us :) The owners have kids too so the area is very kiddy friendly & beautiful.
RachelAgnel
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RachelAgnel » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:19 pm

I can suggest a few family friendly villas and apartments which I have visited personally or places where friends have stayed. I would be happy to send you a few links to some of the best places available. An idea of budget would be great too.

Thanks

Rachel

www.rachelsvillaholidays.com
chezANIA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby chezANIA » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

les Limornieres Loire Valley self catering cottages, where family holidays happen with ease.

What our guests have to say about their stay:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... ml#REVIEWS

www.loirerentalcottages.com

60 mins easy access from airport or train at Tours (TUF)

Heated outdoor pool in village (<3km), local river & lake swimming too.

Bikes to borrow with rear child seats.

Equipment, toys & games for all ages indoors & out.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.