Accommodation recommendations near Bangor?

3 posts
Spannar
Options:
Share this post on:

Accommodation recommendations near Bangor?

Postby Spannar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:15 am

Our son will be starting Uni in Bangor, N Wales in a few weeks. We are keen to visit so are looking for recommendations for accommodation in that area? Anyone know of anywhere nice? I would particularly welcome suggestions which might appeal to a 5 year old such as a farm stay etc.
Many thanks!
clare74
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Accommodation recommendations near Bangor?

Postby clare74 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Not a specific recommendation for accommodation, but Beaumaris would be a great base. I've visited all my life and love it. I took my young children just a few weeks ago and they had a great time too. It's on Anglesey but not far from Bangor. It has a pier for crabbing, paddling pool, playground, excellent fish and chips, ice cream parlour - and a castle at the end of the high street.

Perhaps try the Menai Cottages website for a place to stay. They're really helpful if you give them a ring. Pilot Cottage in Beaumaris is right on the front with views over the Straits to Snowdonia so might be worth a look.

There's plenty to do in the area too, but you may be busy at uni! Hope it all goes well.
Spannar
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Accommodation recommendations near Bangor?

Postby Spannar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it. It makes such a difference to have some inside info when visiting a new place!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.