baby friendly holiday close to a Eurostar train station??

3 posts
new_mum
Options:
Share this post on:

baby friendly holiday close to a Eurostar train station??

Postby new_mum » Tue May 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi,

I am looking to take a short break with our baby, (8 months) and I need to use up a Eurostar voucher I have for free travel . Can anyone recommend any destinations close a Eurostar Train station suitable for families with babies?

Thanks
Almaceti
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: baby friendly holiday close to a Eurostar train station??

Postby Almaceti » Wed May 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi, basically with Eurostar you can go to Paris, Brussels, Lille or Calais.
I often go to Paris and Lille with my two children aged 4 years and 15 months because I have family there; if you choose one of those, it will mean staying an town, not sure this is what you are looking for? but both are great cities to visit, even with a baby. In terms of accommodation, I think you should go for hotels and you will find ads even on the Eurostar website.
Brussels I don't know but I suppose it is the same.
Calais: it is not a really nice town in itself, but if you rent a car you could go to lovely places on the coast around. I would recommend Wissant, small fishermen's village, very quite and nice with young children (but not many facilities like restaurants, cafes or supermarkets). You could rent a flat or a B&B from a night to a week or more... If you are looking for something more posh and lively, you could go to Le Touquet, but is it more expensive.
Hope this helps... if you have any questions, just let me know, I know quite a lot about these areas!
Devi
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: baby friendly holiday close to a Eurostar train station??

Postby Devi » Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 am

You can even take domestic trains for free within 24 hours from a eurostar destination to go to other cities (check their site for details). We used this option to go to Brussels and then take dutch railways within 24 hrs to go to Amsterdam. It was much better than flying with a toddler!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.