Home Facial Hair Removal - advice please

6 posts
BatterseaSquareMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Home Facial Hair Removal - advice please

Postby BatterseaSquareMum » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi there,
I didn't realise this, but my Mother-in-Law has a problem with facial hair and plucks daily! On the weekend she asked me about a product she saw in a weekend magazine so I offered to look into it.

The product she saw was called "HairAway" for £20. I then looked up "NoNo" which I had seen advertised on TV and it was nearly £200!

How can there be such a dramatic difference in price ... can I assume with the cheaper one you get what you pay for, and that's a useless item..?

If anyone has experience with either of these products, or can offer a recommendation we would be very grateful.

Thank you.
BatterseaSquareMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Home Facial Hair Removal - advice please

Postby BatterseaSquareMum » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 am

Thank you Petal ... I do agree, particularly given it's her face. I know she won't go to a clinic though.
It would still be great to hear from anyone who has personal experience with using home products so I can pass that on for her to decide.
thanks again,
BatterseaSquareMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BatterseaSquareMum » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi ... I'm seeing my MIL this weekend so thought I'd repost this for any last advice.
thank you
leapyearbaby
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby leapyearbaby » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:16 pm

I have heard the no no can be painful and cause rashes.

I would love an at home treatment but sadly I don't really believe there is one.

I've had Epil pro on my moustache and more recently IPL at the Mary parks clinic in fitness first by Clapham j station.

I'm very pleased with the IPL. Highly recommend it. Greatly reduced hair and I'm bleaching the remains til summer passes. IPL not good if you are in the sun a lot apparently.
Is it shyness etc. I'd really try to work on that with her. Women who do hair removal have always seen far worse than we imagine. Always. We may feel like like we are yetis but being on the hairier side of average or with hormone imbalances is nothing to the practitioners. Thank god. And they're probably happier to do a chin than remove up to the cervix before their lunch break.
Please do work on her. I wish such treatments had been around for my mum when she was around. I'd take her under a sheet if necessary. I hated seeing her do the tweezing every day. So depressing.
BatterseaSquareMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BatterseaSquareMum » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 pm

Thank you for your kind and very helpful reply.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.