Help with posture/rounded shoulders

4 posts
Lizzie
Options:
Share this post on:

Help with posture/rounded shoulders

Postby Lizzie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for where I can get help for my daughter (11) who has round shoulders and poor posture. I'm worried that she'll end up with back problems. I've tried physio but faced with huge resistance from her, gave up. She's very unsporty....
CornishMummyinLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Help with posture/rounded shoulders

Postby CornishMummyinLondon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I have recommended Susan Lewis on here a number of times before, and promise I'm not on commission, but I really rate her as a trainer! I am 6ft 2 with three young children so my posture really suffers. My sessions with Susan have really helped me to realign and focus on my posture. She is a LOVELY lady who has two daughters, one of whom is around the same age as yours, so although I only have experience of her training me, I imagine that she'd be fantastic with your daughter. Even if your daughter is not sporty as such I think Susan could have a real impact on her. Maybe just give her a call to chat through whether she could help. Being a very tall teen I spent years bent over to be the same height as my peers so wish I'd had the confidence I have now to stand tall. It's great that you are looking to help your daughter now if she is doing a similar thing. Good luck.

http://www.bammuk.com/about.html
Lizzie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Lizzie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

Thank you very much, I will try her!
bel35
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bel35 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I have poor posture from years sitting at a desk pored over a computer. I am not particularly interested in cardio either. However I love pilates and have found that machine pilates very beneficial for my posture issues - I have seen significant improvement in just 3 months. There are a couple in the neighbourhood - Pilates Junction and Pilates Practice. I go to Pilates Junction whenever I can and always leave feeling fantastic.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.