If you haven't seen Santa yet, try Bockett's Farm!

2 posts
stayathomemuminsw11
Options:
Share this post on:

If you haven't seen Santa yet, try Bockett's Farm!

Postby stayathomemuminsw11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this, we took our daughter (aged 3 and a half) to Bockett's Farm in Leathhead, Surrey, today, partly because she loves the farm and soft play, but also because I'd heard good things about the Santa's grotto.

It was BRILLIANT! The children wait in a special collection room with a little Christmas tree and Christmas lights, and then get given a little felt stocking (to exchange for a gift) and are driven in a trailer decorated with tinsel etc to Santa's Grotto which they have set up in 2 rooms, the first as Santa's workshop with toys etc, where the Elves spend a little time playing a few games like 'I spy' etc with the kids, then Santa's grotto where each child gets to go up individually and say there name and age and have a little chat, and then they get a present (my daughter got a little teddy which she loves-and it's good quality too) and then they also get a chocolate from the elves on the way back.

Best of all it's all done in proper timed slots, so when you go to the farm, you get a time slot so there is no queuing, and they limit the number of kids per slot to about 10 (I think).

It costs £5.95 per child (in addition to the farm entry) which I don't think is too bad.

Venture Photography were also there doing free photos (they just email you 1 free photo, and it does have the logo on the side!) but still nice to have. I don't know if they are there again tomorrow/next week, but you could ring and ask.

There is also free Christmas Craft (badges, colouring etc)

We had lunch and tea in the cafe which has lovely food with quick service.

Hope that is helpful-enjoy if you go!
wendyb
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: If you haven't seen Santa yet, try Bockett's Farm!

Postby wendyb » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:09 pm

I second that! We were also at Bockett's Farm today with some friends and were really impressed with the way they created such a lovely experience for the children visiting Santa. My husband had to take our 1 and a half year old out of the grotto as he was a bit noisy and grumpy and one of the elves nipped back in and made sure he got his gift from Santa. She also checked his age as I think they were trying to give age appropriate gifts which was very thoughtful of them. I'm sure I read that The Guardian had rated it in their top 10 Santa experiences. Well worth the drive out there.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.