Organising a 2nd birthday party

8 posts
Nightingale4
Options:
Share this post on:

Organising a 2nd birthday party

Postby Nightingale4 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:27 am

My daughter turns 2 in the summer and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a local venue where I could hold her birthday party? Also, any other suggestions on what makes a good second birthday party gratefully received. Thanks. :)
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Organising a 2nd birthday party

Postby juliantenniscoach » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 am

Try Chatham Hall, good space, some parking. I wouldn't go too mad on the entertainment side, she's 2 so probably jumping in muddy puddles is still the best fun she's ever had! ;)
eddiecatz
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby eddiecatz » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi Nightingale4 - I am Maria J, the owner of Eddie Catz.

We started our company after the last party in a Church Hall when our daughter was about 3. By the time I paid the entertainer, hall hire, made the food, bought the party bags and everything else I realised there was a gap in the market and we started Eddie Catz. Do consider us (or another softplay centre) as an option. It's basically easier and more cost effective.

At Eddie Catz we offer toddler parties and other parties too - see http://www.eddiecatz.com/book-a-party/

We have a venue in South Wimbledon and one on Putney High Street.

Good luck!
Maria
Nightingale4
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nightingale4 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into those options. Am ideally looking for somewhere in/near Balham/Between the Commons. No plans to put on too much in terms of entertainment, just keen to avoid the chaos of holding a birthday party at home last year for my daughter!! Has anyone gone down the route of soft play for a second birthday? How did it work out?
TillyandMoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TillyandMoo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:56 pm

I had a party at Its a Kids Thing in Earlsfield for my sons 2nd birthday. It was brilliant but more because IAKT put on fantastic entertainment for the children including a disco! The only thing I had to provide was a birthday cake and they sorted out everything else. All of the children loved it. I'd definitely recommended IAKT but its cheap and for a 2 year old a party at home is probably just as much fun. My sons birthday is November so I wanted to book somewhere as I didn't want loads of children running around our house, but for my daughters birthday next week we're having friends over and a bouncy castle in our garden.

I'm sure your daughter will love whatever you do for her.
Tilly and Moo
The Original Cutout Artists

mommyg
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mommyg » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm

hi there

I also had a first birthday party at home and swore NEVER AGAIN!!

Bertie and Boo adventure Island in Balham: This place is fabulous - a really great venue for more adventurous 2 year olds or those with slightly older friends. They charge about £300 / £350 for a 2 hour / 25 child party which includes a show / entertainment, entry to the soft play and party food. You just need to provide a cake and set up a tab for adults drinks (their coffee is amazing). I've been to the soft play a few times and also a private party for a 3 year old. I would have booked this for my 2 year old, but decided to save it for next year!

Little Monsters softplay in Wimbledon: This is a smaller soft play but has a jumping castle! I've booked this my 2 year olds party which is coming soon. I've also attended another party here for a 2 year old. They charge £225 for a 2 hour / 15 child party which includes soft play and party food. You provide the cake and set up a drinks tab. Coffee not so great unfortunately, but much cheaper for a cup!

Otherwise heard of, but not attended, parties at Edie Catz, David Lloyd gym or Virgin Active gym. Not sure if you have to be a member to have a party at the gym though.
joolia
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby joolia » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm

We had my daughters 2nd at Gymboree in Putney, excellent for that age. Not too big, focused class which they all enjoyed and allowed the parents to chat too. No mess to clear up either!
Good luck!
AnnieH
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AnnieH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 am

Also Simbads soft play in raynes park is good

They have a party room and also do exclusive hire.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.