Restaurant for special occasion

8 posts
FrenchMummyInLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Restaurant for special occasion

Postby FrenchMummyInLondon » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:16 am

Hi all
one of my friends is looking for a restaurant not too far (ie not central London - in SW) for a special anniversary occasion.
It has too be "romantic" if possible but not too expensive either.
I though of Chez Bruce but I think it will be too expensive.
would you have any good recommendation?
many thanks! :)
lorrwa
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Restaurant for special occasion

Postby lorrwa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:32 am

Trinity in Clapham Old Town is lovely
http://www.trinityrestaurant.co.uk/
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 am

I heard Dairy (sp?) was excellent and i featured in the lunch with the FT section last w-e definitively my next booking!
ppe
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ppe » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Just had another lovely meal at source near Battersea bridge yesterday - Fantastic service and food is really very good. Tables nicely spaced for privacy too. ask for a table by the window or outside if it's nice. Lunchtimes at weekends there are lots of families so can be a bit noisy, so evenings are quieter http://www.sourcebattersea.com/

Also just over the river from Battersea bridge on Kings Road is Medlar - again great service, excellent food and very reasonable for the quality. Ask for a table upstairs
http://www.medlarrestaurant.co.uk/

Haven't been to Chez Bruce for a while but I know they do 3 courses for just under £50. It is a bit more formal than the above two but great location.

Trinity is special occasion place too as the other person mentioned.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:27 pm

We went to the new Gordon Ramsay restaurant on Battersea Square recently (London House) and it was fab; possibly a bit more romantic than Chez Bruce which I LOVE but can get a bit noisy and crowded. Having said that we went to London House during the school hols when it's very quiet round here so it may be noisier at busier times. Also having said that I'm not sure it's any cheaper than Chez Bruce, but the food was really top notch - as good if not maybe even a tiny tad better than CB. I had a carrot salad which let's face it, doesn't sound that exciting, but it was absolutely exquisite.

LH also has a lounge where they can have pre-dinner drinks. Just looked on their website and it's £40 for three courses for dinner which is actually pretty bargainous given how good it is.

FrenchMummyInLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FrenchMummyInLondon » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Many thanks for all your recommendations!
It seems that the London House was a winning recommendation :) (as unfortunately Trinity had not availability at the time/day they wanted)

On my side, I had never heard of the Dairy but it is on my "to visit" list now ;)
Thanks!
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Hope they like it! Let us know.
Hattie
Share this post on:

Postby Hattie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Suk Saran in Wimbledon (Wimbledon Hill, to be precise) is lovely. We go fairly often and love the gentleness of the waitresses/waiters, the (proper) Thai flavours and the ambience.

I went to the Dairy a while ago for a girlie lunch and, although the food was good, you have to order lots of little dishes to make up a meal - it worked out to be quite an expensive way of doing things. It's worth reading the reviews on Tripadvisor to see if they have solved some of their problems before you make the booking.

Whereever you end up, have a wonderful evening! :D
Hattie Weeks
Maternity Consultant
http://www.hattieweeks.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.