What skin care brand is pregnancy- safe to use during 1st trimester?

2 posts
Mirjana
Options:
Share this post on:

What skin care brand is pregnancy- safe to use during 1st trimester?

Postby Mirjana » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi,

I am five 5-6 pregnant and just read online that some ingredients in the products I tend to use often, may be harmful for the baby (such as deodorant, anti-perspirant, sun-protection cream with chemical filters, anti-aging creams, nail polish, shampoo). Did you change your moisturizer, body lotion, soap, shampoo etc. when you found out that you are pregnant? Have you tried any natural and harm-free cosmetics that you would recommend? 

Thank you very much <3 
Emma79
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What skin care brand is pregnancy- safe to use during 1st trimester?

Postby Emma79 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:17 am

Hi - yes I did switch brands when pregnant. I mainly changed sunscreen that I wear every day as most other things are natural. (I like the green people brand and I think I found another french brand in whole foods). Other than that I used the same face creams but avoided the one with anything like retinol. I also found my skin was more sensitive eg to some creams and non-natural fibres made me itchy (later on in pregnancy). But yes I did also switch shampoo etc too. Holland & Barrett and Neil’s Yard (Mamma Mio) have also gone to for products. Feel free to message me if you want any further recommendations. And congratulations on your pregnancy. X

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.