Wimbledon poets area

4 posts
sw19days
Options:
Share this post on:

Wimbledon poets area

Postby sw19days » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi we have been looking for houses in Wimbledon and recently found the poets area.

We aren’t after the priciest house because of our budget but would like to know from someone living there or who knows the area well in terms of safety or if there’s anything worrying besides it being further away from town centre which makes the house prices more affordable (to us)

Also is there a difference between the area north of haydons road station and south?

Thanks
MT81
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wimbledon poets area

Postby MT81 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Assuming you mean the Edwardian terrace houses (Caxton, Tennyson, Dryden, Milton, Cowper, Dryden) rather than the newer 90's built estate closer to Colliers Wood and on the opposite side of Wandle Meadow Nature Reserve then no difference at all really.

Haydons Road is a 'mind barrier' for people so houses on the Wimbledon side cost £100k+ more than the poets side, it has the same postcode, same constituency, same school catchment and is (currently) in the same Council Ward. I can only assume it's just the 'feeling' it is just that extra few steps too far for some to Wimbledon but it's a less than a 20 min walk to the mainline station, it's next to Haydons Road (Thameslink) and Northern Line is about 10-15 min walk away. Don't let the price concern you. The area North of the rail line is not technically part of 'Poets' but is the same housing stock and I'd say pretty much the same thing about it. Only advice I'd give is go for houses that are furthest away from Haydons/Plough Lane to avoid traffic noise, it's up to you how close to the rail line you can stand but they don't run late and currently only run once every 30 minutes.
Fftrtle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Fftrtle » Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:45 am

Can you elaborate on the problems with “ 90's built estate closer to Colliers Wood and on the opposite side of Wandle Meadow ”? I was looking into that area to live but couldn’t really find much information on it.
MrsMak
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MrsMak » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:43 am

I’ve lived in this area for over 14yrs. Please feel free to contact me - maybe Annabel can share my email address with you OP?

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.