Post natal Mother's Help available?

4 posts
sw11ite
Options:
Share this post on:

Post natal Mother's Help available?

Postby sw11ite » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 am

Hello there!

I'm approaching 39 weeks pregnant with baby number one and very much looking forward to his arrival. Was dreaming last night about what we should call him..

I would like to know if anyone has had someone come in to help them post birth for a couple of hours a day to do some house stuff (make lunch, load dishwasher, put a wash on etc), but also be able to watch the baby for a while whilst you take a bath etc or pop out quickly? This isn't just immediately post birth but also for the mid term after?

If this magic person/service exists, I'm looking for this help it to start mid January as My hubby will be back at work doing crazy city hours and I too will need to start doing a couple of hours of work a day and I'm looking for any support I can get!

this feels like a hybrid role (housekeeping type tasks plus baby care role) and one I'd like to have a couple of times a week for a number of months. I don't know if this type of service exists?

Any thoughts very welcome!

Thank you!!
Lydia84
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Post natal Mother's Help available?

Postby Lydia84 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 am

Following as I will also be looking for the same type of arrangement in SW11, starting before my second is due in March. Good luck!!
stayathomemuminsw11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby stayathomemuminsw11 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:36 am

Have you thought about a postnatal doula?

I had one after my second child, and she was AMAZING! They are not cheap (£20 p/h) but it was money well spent for us.

She did everything you list (and much, much more!) and was a huge help.

PM me if you would like her details. You can also search Doula UK to find Doulas near you.
astro
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby astro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:50 am

Following as I would like similar help for a few hours in the evening from February next year, with our second. My husband works long hours and I'd like someone to come for 2 hours in the evening (530-730) for example to help get both kids fed and to bed - maybe not every day but at least 3 nights a week.

The person won't be in sole charge of the children and so does not need to be a qualified nanny - more an extra pair of hands who is lovely and willing to help out!

Thanks.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.