Gorst road or Grandison road

4 posts
Lanoula
Options:
Share this post on:

Gorst road or Grandison road

Postby Lanoula » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi all

I have seen 2 nice properties : one on Gorst rd and the other on Grandison. We don’t live in the area and so I would appreciate some advice. The Gorst road property is in better condition and 17sqm bigger, but location seems tricky to commute.

If any of you know both or either roads, I would appreciate your advice.
2009Kat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Gorst road or Grandison road

Postby 2009Kat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:04 pm

Do you have kids? Grandison more likely to be in the catchment for schools eg Belleville. If you’re looking at the bit of grandison between the common and Wakehurst, can be a bit of traffic.
Depends whether you’d rather live north side or nearer to Northcote too.
I’d go grandison but you’d probably get more for your buck on gorst.
Lanoula
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Lanoula » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm

I have a baby and a toddler so a bit early for catchment area but I understand the points you make. Thank you v much :) for the advice
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SabineMum » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Would also go for Grandison as Gorst feels a little 'remote' (by Battersea standards!). From Grandison you can get to Clapham South and Clapham Junction stations without problem. Gorst Rd is further away from both although close enough to Wandsworth Common which has fewer trains. Likely you'll have to change at Clapham Common anyway. Wandsworth Common is really lovely, which is the advantage of Gorst. Not that Clapham Common (closer to Grandison) isn't, but it's a little more 'rough round the edges'. It's bigger though. We used to have friends on Gorst who didn't get into Belleville nor Honeywell three years ago. Might be a consideration for you.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.