Norland probationary nannies

4 posts
nooze2010
Options:
Share this post on:

Norland probationary nannies

Postby nooze2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with a norland probationary nanny and would you share your thoughts pls? Are they good at stimulating children's interests etc, reliable, fun etc?

Thanks!
nanny_kitty
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Norland probationary nannies

Postby nanny_kitty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:02 pm

No first hand experience to share, however, I know three families who all took on probationary Norlanders, each nanny staying three years with beautiful references upon leaving. I should know, I succeeded one!

One thing to remember is that these nannies pay a huge amount for their education, are generally very keen to do a good job, and already know that childcare is their chosen career path.

That said, I do not feel they are any better than lots of us with a lot of experience/and or other qualifications, but there is a degree of prestige that is associated with employing a Norland nanny.
nooze2010
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nooze2010 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks nanny_kitty...actually we are definitely not so interested in the prestige element, but more in a nanny who is just very good. We have a nanny at the moment who is brilliant with babies, but less good with toddlers...
nanny_kitty
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby nanny_kitty » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:06 pm

I would say that every single nanny has an age range they prefer to work with. For me, working with school age children doesn't feel like work at all. If I was given a baby to look after I would strive to do a good job, however I wouldn't love what I was doing.

In this financial climate (where there are far more nannies than there are jobs) you can afford to be fussy. There are plenty of nannies who LOVE to work with toddlers, and looks like you've already found one who loved working with babies :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.