Kids Unlimited v Baby Room

3 posts
MrsPeeters84
Options:
Share this post on:

Kids Unlimited v Baby Room

Postby MrsPeeters84 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi all,

I have a 7 month old daughter who I am looking to put in Nursery 3 days a week from May. I am SW11 postcode and have looked at KU and BR and am torn - KU seems much more well resourced, the building is clean and light and looks more like a 'nursery' but the staff were much more inviting at BR? Head says KU but heart says BR purely because the staff paid attention to my daughter (as well as me) but it looked very run down. Have read some previous posts on here and it seems that there is no money being put back into BR but they are so expensive?

At the end of the day it is about who will care best for my daughter in a safe environment, any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks
safesound
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kids Unlimited v Baby Room

Postby safesound » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:29 pm

I can only comment that we have trained both of these nurseries in paediatric first aid recently - so at least you know all the staff in both nurseries are first aid trained.
Lulumoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Kids Unlimited v Baby Room

Postby Lulumoo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Our 15 month old daughter has been going to BR for about 2 months now and I can honestly say, the staff have been lovely with her. She is a very shy and nervous little girl and they have taken time to help her to adjust and feel comfortable. Every time I pop in, I always take notice that the staff are well engaged with the children in their care. The girls who look after my daughter are always excited at the end of the day to tell me what she got up to and it feels really personal. They even like to give her a goodbye cuddle and blow kisses which I find really sweet. The staff all seem to know my daughter's name (even the ones who teach the older children) and are always cheerful when we come in the mornings. Unfortunately due to relocation, we are leaving BR soon. I'll be very sad to say goodbye. My daughter has gained so much in such a short amount of time.
Not sure how recently you visited BR, but they have put up some new colourful displays and have bought some new toys.
I'm sure KU has many positives, I have't been there but have looked at their website.
I'm sure whichever you choose, your little one will be well looked after :)
Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.