Granny needed

1 post
rosie100
Options:
Share this post on:

Granny needed

Postby rosie100 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:10 am

I was very struck on a recent show on radio 2 about grandparents who had lost touch with their grandchildren or people who had not had the chance to have any grandchildren who were very sad about it. As we move into larger communities away from our families I was wondering if this was something that was shared not just by the grandparents but also the children of these parents who lived far away from them....

I realise this is a long shot but as a full time working single parent whose lovely parents live miles away and are unable to help I was wondering if there was a local, bright, underutilised granny who wanted to play a surrogate grandparent role for us? I don't need the childcare, but would love to have a surrogate granny locally who wanted to enrich my daughter's life with stories, reading and offering assistance with homework and wider learning about the world. Maybe once a week you'd come over after school and have a cup of tea and read books and play games for an hour or so and talk to her about your life so she could learn from you and your experiences.

If you are interested or know someone for whom this would enrich their life (and indeed it would enrich ours) to find a long term arrangement of this nature (as I am finding I miss my parents even more as my daughter gets older - she is 8), perhaps you could drop me an email!

Thank you,

surrogategranny@yahoo.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.