Looking for an au pair/mothers help near Balham to start early September
We are looking for a fun-loving, energetic, experienced female live in au pair / housekeeper to help with our son aged 7 years and daughter aged 5. You must have some experience of looking after children around this age group, speak good English and already be in the UK.
Ideally we are looking for someone to stay at least one year. You will have your own bedroom, bathroom, tv/dvd, use of wi-fi internet as well as a desk. Our home is in a lovely part of London within walking distance of both Wandsworth Common and Clapham Common with lots of other au pairs in the area. Transport links to central London are excellent. You will be required to work around 27 hours during the term with a maximum of 35 hours per week in the holidays. The schedule of hours worked is likely to be similar each week in the term time.
- up to 35 hours per week and specific hours outlined on application.
- 2 babysitting nights per week.
- Working days are Monday to Friday unless otherwise agreed and 2 hours on a Sat morning (we can be flexible on this).
- 4 weeks holiday per annum which will be paid for.
- We live in Balham, 6 minute walk from tube station (northern line) and over-land railway. Balham is a lovely area with easy walking distance to 3 parks, lots of nice cafes and shops.
- helping to get breakfast ready in the mornings and help with children before school
- dropping off and picking up kids from school when required
- looking after the children when I am not around (they love playing games, arts and crafts, going to the park and generally having fun), giving them supper, bathing them and helping with any homework or reading
- generally helping out with children – giving meals, helping them get dressed, playing with them, bathing them, stories etc.
- helping with food preparation and tidying up after meal times. It is very important that you enjoy cooking and eating healthily.
- staying on top of children’s washing and ironing, putting clothes away and keeping cupboards tidy and changing sheets once a week
- generally keeping house tidy and organised throughout the week (e.g. wiping down surfaces in kitchen, loading/unloading dishwasher, vacuuming the floor, keeping kids rooms clean and tidy, making beds, putting away toys etc.)
(NB: we have a cleaner who will thoroughly clean the house twice a week)
- odd household chores as required (shopping, dropping off dry cleaning etc.)
We also own a second home in the UK, which is a lovely escape from London and we spend the school holidays there. We would require the au pair to join us over this period and the working hours in the holidays would be the same as in London. We have a pool there so it would be great if you could swim and take the children swimming.
We are a flexible family and we are looking for someone to be equally flexible, take initiative, will be loving and kind with the children, has a sense of humour and is happy to be flexible with the household chores. This job offers a bit of everything and we are looking forward to meeting you and welcoming the right person into our family. You must be a confident English speaker with lots of energy.
Applicants must be non smoking, age 23 upwards, able to start early September and be able to commit for ideally a year. You must be in the UK available for a face to face interview. I can't accept Skype interviews.
I really look forward to hearing from you.