Clapham Village- Bright Horizons.

7 posts
denise.wright
Options:
Share this post on:

Clapham Village- Bright Horizons.

Postby denise.wright » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi There, what are your experiences with this nursery? Our child has been here for a year and I have noted they have a high staff rotation and im not feeling well about it, thinking to changing her to the Anglo Spanish nursery as I want more spanish in her life. The Facilities at Clapham Village are really good but They dont really help when there is a family emergency , i feel they re really money oriented and not really flexible with parents needs. Does anybody feel this way?

Thanks
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Clapham Village- Bright Horizons.

Postby tooposhtopush » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:28 am

I know this isn't specifically so helpful but...

we had similar situations in a different nursery (different chain).

All nurseries have quite a high staff turnover so I suspect the grass won't be greener anywhere else.

What we found is that the bigger chains had more resources so could react if we complained, friends at smaller places reckoned their nurseries just couldn't make it work so it was always a bit of a nightmare. However it does mean one has to be very very assertive which we found hard to get used to when dealing with something so emotional. So I'd make your feelings clear, I'd be surprised if that didn't warrant some action on their part.

Good luck.
denise.wright
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denise.wright » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Thank you for your reply- love your name btw hehe.
Im having a look around at other options now, it would be good to reduce money spending as per I just found today that what i pay per 2 days I could have for 4 days in other places.

Thanks again, have a wonderful sunny weekend
Littlemummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Littlemummy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Hi, my son goes there and i feel your pain! it's been very difficult to find another nursery - especially one that opens before 8.30.
this is his second nursery and i much prefer it to the first one he went to (i cant remember the name, it was on clarence av i think).
it's actually not that easy to find a good nursery, despite all the good schools in the area.
We are sticking with it for now, until next year when he's 2.. then more opens will open up like mouse house, marmalade cat, etc. but they all have super long wait lists.
Good luck, how old is your kid? mine is 20 months and just moved into a class my husband says is a lot better (i dont do drop off)

sorry i'm not much help, but we're in the same boat!
viva
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby viva » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:54 pm

If it helps at all I HIGHLY recommend Anglo Spanish nursery. I teach yoga classes in nurseries throughout our area and it is one of the nicest and most hearty nurseries I work in. The staff are wonderfully warm and friendly and it has a really lovely atmosphere. I know it does not look as nice as Clapham Village but it has a lot of heart and some really dedicated staff.
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
denise.wright
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denise.wright » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Dear Viva, thanks I visited the anglospanish and i love it but they have no places until may next year. its horrible :(.

I visited today Little Garden in Wandsworth rd. smaller and nice, i liked it but would like to know more of parents with kids here.
denise.wright
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby denise.wright » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Littlemummy wrote:Hi, my son goes there and i feel your pain! it's been very difficult to find another nursery - especially one that opens before 8.30.
this is his second nursery and i much prefer it to the first one he went to (i cant remember the name, it was on clarence av i think).
it's actually not that easy to find a good nursery, despite all the good schools in the area.
We are sticking with it for now, until next year when he's 2.. then more opens will open up like mouse house, marmalade cat, etc. but they all have super long wait lists.
Good luck, how old is your kid? mine is 20 months and just moved into a class my husband says is a lot better (i dont do drop off)

sorry i'm not much help, but we're in the same boat!
HI there! mine is almost 2, i know what you mean about the 8 am time, im at the desk at that time. Check little garden nursery i went today and liked it, smaller than CV and same nice /new facilities feeling.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.