Weekend Maternity Nurse

1 post
Orla-Maternity Nurse
Options:
Share this post on:

Weekend Maternity Nurse

Postby Orla-Maternity Nurse » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Weekend Maternity Nurse available for one-off, occasional or regular care of your newborn baby; establishing your newborn baby's feeding and sleeping routine; or sleep-training infants and toddlers. 

My services include:

~ one-off, occasional or regular standard maternity nurse services to give you a breather, or to cover your existing Maternity Nurse's days off /sick leave. - times to suit. Prices vary, for example Friday night until Sunday evening - £400. 

~ Bespoke routine development to suit you and your baby - various packages from a single telephone consultation through to one weekend visit and follow-up telephone/Skype/email support. Prices start from £60. 

~ Bespoke sleep training programme for infants and toddlers - includes initial telephone interview, one or two weekend visits and follow-up telephone/Skype/email support. Prices start from £60. 

My background:

I'm highly experienced, trustworthy and discrete, and I'm available for placements throughout the UK at short notice. Originally a qualified Paediatric Nurse, I've been providing gentle, bespoke care to new-born babies and their parents since 1996. 

I deal with all practical areas of the baby’s care. This includes helping to establish breast-feeding, formula feeding equipment sterilisation and feed preparation, nappy-changing, bathing and dressing, and laundering of the baby’s clothes and bedding. My nursing background allows me to recognise symptoms of childhood illnesses and conditions so that they may be treated at the earliest opportunity.

As well as being a trained Breastfeeding Advisor, I also have current first aid and resuscitation, training and certification. I have studied child development and nutrition, and can advise on and manage colic and reflux, and dietary intolerances. 

I have a special ability to soothe and settle fractious new-born babies. Many of my clients describe their babies as being "chilled out"! My experience new-borns has given me the skills to read their behaviour and quickly identify their needs. I am able to teach parents how to recognise their baby’s movements and cries so that they too can respond appropriately to settle their baby. 

I quickly establish an appropriate routine for babies and advise on weaning. I have also developed an effective sleep-training programme for infants and toddlers which can be commenced as early as 7 weeks of age, and if followed properly will have your baby sleeping through the night from 7pm until 7am by the time they are 9-12 weeks old (boys tend to take a bit longer than girls!).

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.