Schools scoop awards in Independent Schools of the Year awards

1 post
Community Editor
Options:
Share this post on:

Schools scoop awards in Independent Schools of the Year awards

Postby Community Editor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:41 am

DLD-College-Londons-Leadership-Team-Celebrate-Independent-School-of-the-Year-Double-Award-Win--800x445.jpg

Two schools are celebrating after winning a host of national education awards.

DLD College, based near Westminster Bridge, and St Dunstan’s College, in Catford, won three awards at the Independent Schools of the Year 2020 Awards on October 8.

The awards, which were digitally delivered due to coronavirus, recognise the achievements of schools across the independent education sector, both in the UK and in British schools overseas.

More than 300 schools were nominated for the awards.

DLD College, the only school with on-campus boarding in Central London, won the Judge’s Special Award for Independent School of the Year and was joint winner of Independent Boarding School of the Year, alongside Elstree School.

The school’s student well-being facility and unique urban boarding offering helped secure the awards over fierce competition.

DLD College principal Irfan Latif said: “These much-coveted accolades are a fitting testament to the achievements of our students and our hardworking staff members, who go above and beyond each day for our school community, making the impossible possible.”

St Dunstan’s College was named as the Independent Co-educational School of the Year, due to its ‘pupil voice and championing of the individual’.

St Dunstan’s College headmaster Nicholas Hewlett said: “I am so proud and thrilled for our community. It’s such a great achievement, and an endorsement of the journey we have been on as an institution.

“I want to say thank you to everyone who got us to this point, including staff, students and parents.

“I look forward to celebrating with our community when we are able to come together.”

The award comes ahead of a major redevelopment, which next year will see a new junior school, sixth form and STEM centre open.

Pictured top: DLD College London’s leadership team

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.